Wednesday 18 December 2019

Focus

A daughter went to her father and said, “I won't go to the temple anymore.”

The father said, “May I ask why?”

She said, “When I go there, all I see is people on their mobile phones during service & bhajan. Some are gossiping, some are just not living with integrity, they are all hypocrites.”

Father became silent, and then said, “OK! Can I ask you to do something for me before you make your final decision?”

She said, “Yes, what's that?”

He said, "Please take a glass of water and walk around the temple 3 times; but you mustn’t let any water fall out the glass.”

She said, "Yes, I can definitely do that.”

When she came back, she said, "It's done and here is the glass of water”

He asked her 3 questions:
1. Did you see anybody on their phone? 
2. Did you see anybody gossiping? 
3. Was anybody living without Integrity?

She said, “I didn't see anything! I was only concentrating on the glass & the water within it, making sure the water never dropped”

He told her, "When you go to the temple, this is exactly what you should be doing; you should only be focusing on, thinking about & connecting to God."

Isn't this equally true about Life?
To succeed, it is important to focus only on completing the task at hand at all costs

No comments:

Post a Comment